Players who want to play in the Masters tournament must meet at least one of 17 special requirements. What are they?
While some players might be invited, this rarely happens. The vast majority of golfers playing in the Masters have met one of these 17 set requirements.
1. Has won the Masters previously.
2. Is US Open champion in the past 5 years.
3. Is British Open champion in the past 5 years.
4. Is PGA champion in the past 5 years.
5. Is a Players Championship winner in the past three years.
6. Is either the current US Amateur champion or runner up.
7. Is the current British Amateur champion.
8. Is the current US Amateur Public Links champion.
9. Is the current Mid-Amateur champion.
10. Is one of the first 16 players in the previous year´s Masters.
11. Is one of the first 8 players in the previous year´s US Open.
12. Is one of the first 4 players in the previous year´s PGA Championship.
13. Is one of the first 4 players in the previous year´s British Open.
14. Is on the leader list of 40 from last year´s PGA Tour money list.
15. Is one of the 3 leaders on the PGA Tour money list four weeks up to the Masters.
16. Is one of the top 50 on the World Golf Ranking for last year.
17. Is one of the Top 50 on the World Golf Ranking four weeks up to the Masters.
History of the Masters
Lisa's Golfing Information
Note: All of this content was originally ghost-written for bellaonline.com. If you find this content on bellaonline.com, that is why. If you find this content anywhere else on the web, please let me know! Its home is here :)