2 Days Away Zit FixIf you've only got 2 days to get your face cleared up, you need to really focus on this task. Keep your eye on the prize.
1) Take multivitamins twice each day - each time with water and food. Take some extra E each time, because that is what your skin needs to heal. This is probably THE most important thing you can do to help your skin heal up.
2) Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Your skin really needs that water in order to move the vitamins around to where they are needed for the repair job. Also, avoid all caffeine and alcohol. Remember, this is only for 2 days. It'll make a difference in how well the water is handled by your system.
3) Clean your face *gently* every morning, afternoon and evening. You want to go with a gentle soap. You most definitely do not want to irritate it at all. Your skin already has enough to heal up. You want to keep dirt from making things worse, and clear off any dead skin or dried gunk that might be on there. Gentle is key, though. Don't buff it, don't scrub it. Just lather well and rinse well.
4) Eat healthy foods that are high in vitamin E at every single meal you can. This goes along with the multivitamins. Your body really does better getting vitamins from food vs from vitamins. Still, it's pretty much impossible to get 100% of your vitamins every day from food - so you need the vitamins to fill in the holes. Don't eat any candy, any chocolate, any junk food at all. Your body needs an influx of food-vitamins. The more nutrients you get into you, the better your skin has a chance to heal.
5) Get 8+ Hours of Sleep. This is critical if you have such a short time period. Make it a high priority item. Schedule the time. When it's sleep time, make the room as dark as you possibly can, even if it takes an eye mask. Many studies have shown that humans sleep better when their eyes do not sense light (even though closed eyelids). Get the room as quiet as possible. If you have uncontrollable noise around you, get a drone or ocean wave CD. It "mutes" the sound and causes your brain not to interpret it as easily.
6) Reduce Stress. Again, treat it as a high priority item in your schedule, mark time for it just like any other appointment. Find a quiet spot and read a book for an hour. Listen to quiet music. Go for a long walk. Watch a nature show about something peaceful. It is key that you are able to really relax and put away all stress. This gives your body a chance to really focus on healing.
7) Use Clean Pillowcases. Each night, put a fresh pillowcase onto your pillow. Again, you want to give your skin the best possible chance here. The oils / shampoos / etc. from your hair will get all over the pillow by morning, so each evening you want your face on something clean and fresh.
8) Keep your Hair Back. If you have long hair, pull it back so it's not laying against your face in any way. You don't want the oils, shampoos, gels or anything else from your hair to get near your face and make things worse.
This should help ensure your skin has a chance to heal up before your special event.
Acne FAQ and Directory
Basic Causes of Acne
Basics of Acne, Pimples and Pores
Causes of Acne and Pimples
Pollution and Acne
Dirty Skin and Acne
Oily Food / Greasy Food and Acne
Fabric, Clothing and Acne
Drugs that Cause Acne
Types of Acne
Solutions and Cures for Acne
Cleaning your Skin
Drugs that Help with Acne
Vitamins to Help with Acne
Dressing to Minimize Acne
Neutrogena Liquid Soap
Avon Clearskin Gel Cleanser
Zit Fixes by Date
1 Week Away Zit Fix
2 Days Away Zit Fix
Next Day Zit Fix
Rosacea - Red Face
Skin Care Basics
All content copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.
You MUST GET WRITTEN PERMISSION to reprint or republish any of this material.
Lisa Shea's Ethics of Reviews | About Lisa Shea